Tuesday, November 4, 2008

THE GREAT & LEGENDARY "DON MORROW" A TRUE VO PIONEER!!! by: Ladie Mo$t


A picture is worth a thousand words...being a part of history made me speachless...being in the same space and time with The Great and Legendary "Don Morrow"...Priceless!!! After hearing soooo many Great things about Don Morrow, my expectations were met far beyond what I experienced.

Ok just gotta tell you that excitement was an understatement! I couldn't care less about the jet-lag or difference in time zones because I woke up every hour on the hour checking the time and finally at 6:20am-PT I just had to call somebody...so I called my Ma-Dukes [Mom...lol]

I arrived early at Nakamoto Studios in Sacramento, CA with Luis Garcia [workshop organizer, engineer and voice-actor] before anyone else and it felt like being early for the first day of school [as this workshop would be my very first formal voiceover class ever! Which happened to be Don Morrow's first workshop ever too!!!]. Soon after, in walks the Legendary VO Pioneer himself, Don Morrow, [of course I didn't know it was him because people don't always look like their pictures ;-) ] he comes over to me and asks my name and I say "Ladie Mo$t" and he says "Ladie who?" I'm like "Ladie Mo$t" and he goes "OH! LADIE M-O-$-T!" and then he says "I'M DON" and shakes my hand...then the magic of "HISTORY" in the making began!
Please let me say that Don Morrow is as sharp as a tack and as fresh set of miracle blades!!! From his demanor to his attire and all of his Life's experiences in between!!!! [you're the Man Don!!! lol]

TO READ MORE AND TO HEAR MORE OF MY EXPERIENCE IN THE BOOTH WITH DON MORROW CLICK HERE

No comments: