Monday, November 17, 2008
Six-and-a-half weeks till the end of the year.
Being a procrastinator of a high order of the Melchizedek priesthood, those words STING.
But have you ever heard the admonition that if you publicly declare your intentions, the fear of the embarrassment, then, of not achieving said ballyhoo'd goals is motivation for actually DOING them?
Herewith, then, my list Voice-Acting goals before January 1st, 2009.
1) Notify all clients who have outstanding invoices for work done before Dec 5th that I'd like to collect before the end of the year.
2) Write and send at least two more newsletters.
3) Send out at least 30 new auditions in answer to leads from online sites, agents, referrals, or cold-calls.
4) Approach at least 10 audiobook publishers for the possibility of sending them a demo.
5) Check on all my buds at the VO-BB daily.
6) Write at least one or two blogs daily (duh!).
7) Take at least one more class or phone session with a voice coach.
8) Begin my bookkeeping for next year's tax deadline (that's BEGIN...'cause nah, I haven't done anything with that yet).
9) Write at least one more article for RainRecording.
10) Do a retrospective of my 2008 voice-acting New Year's resolutions.
Now, keep in mind, that's just my voice-acting agenda...my personal agenda is off the charts, 'cause for the first year in many, the Courvo's are having all the families come HERE for a Vegas Christmas, instead of us all traveling to see them....so no...no pressure for preparations HERE.
So....what're you up to?
(re-posted from Voice-Acting in Vegas)